Two Decatur Fire and Rescue units responded to Decatur High School this morning after a maintenance contractor accidentally knocked over a bottle of methyl methacrylate, central officer supervisor Dwight Satterfield said.
The chemical is a flammable liquid.
Satterfield said workers were repairing a vent in a closet in the chemistry laboratory when the mishap occurred.
No students or teachers were exposed, he said.
Emergency officials left the school at about 10:30 a.m. and Morgan County Emergency Management Agency was notified, Satterfield said.
|High School Sports||@DecaturPreps|